Umtentweni Bowling Club
On 12 April 1933 nine enthusiasts met at a small beach store in Umtentweni to establish a two-rink bowling club. Work
An interested local resident offered to erect at his own expense (all of £8) a 12 x 10 ft wood and iron shack to serve as a clubhouse. To quote the minutes: “This exceptionally generous offer was unanimously agreed to”.
Water was initially provided from a rainwater tank, later from the club’s own borehole and still later piped from the nearby railway station at an annual fee of 1/–.
The first match was played against the
By May 1939 the green had been increased to full size and at the official opening thereof, green teams from seven local clubs joined in the celebrations. The Club’s golden jubilee was proudly celebrated with various functions during the second week of April 1983.
Our Generous Sponsors
We would like to thank our sponsors for their generous support. Please support them like they have supported our club.